miércoles, 17 de octubre de 2007

The Bible (CH 5-11)

When I began reading The KJV bible version I thought that all those names that are at the beginning were a bit unnecessary. They name all the descendants of the third son of Adam and Eve. But after comes a story I really like which is the story of Noah’s Ark. I like this story because it was a form of God punishing humanity because all the war going on. He decided to make the world rain for 40 days and 40 nights and told Noah to make an arc with specific regulations and in one of those requests he told him to take one of each animal species (male and female). Also he could take his wife sons and grandsons. When the 40 days and night passed the Universal Flood had ended the lord, as representation that he would never do something like his again to humanity. This sign or “token” like they call it in the text was an arc, later called the “rainbow”.

After this story they mention the descendants of the 3 sons of Noah. I liked these new chapters of the KJV bible and I’m really looking forward to read the rest of the Genesis.

No hay comentarios: