lunes, 22 de octubre de 2007

The Bible Exodus (Ch 1-12)

As soon as I started reading Exodus Ch 1-12 I realized all the story would be about one of my favorite movies: “The Prince of Egypt”. I was really impressed considering I thought this story was made up and I never thought its origins were from an important text such as the bible. I like this story a lot since I was a little kid, because it taught me a lot of moral values and I never forgot it. Still when they are passing it in T.V I love to watch it; it is one of those movies you never get tired of watching. And off course it is not the exact same story, some characters are added and others are removed. For example in the movie the sister of Moses appears, and also Moses gets married. Instead in the bible they are limited to Moses and his brother Aaron. Also they specify a lot more the connection between the Pharaoh, whose name in the movie is Ramses and Moses. They loved each other at the beginning and where like brothers, but Moses was tired of the superficial life he was getting along with and decided to change. That’s when god tells him to free his people and he tells his brother in all the possible ways, until he has to send all those plagues. Also in the movie Ramses has a son and unfortunately he dies because of the plague. What I’m trying to say here is that even though it is the same story and bases I learned a lot more from the movie because it has great t aching.

What I also noticed in this text was that they repeat everything like 4 times. It gets to a point where you know what they are going to say and it is very tiring. I think they should state things one time and that’s it, not repeat them again and again because it then gets monotonous.

I have liked The Exodus because they don’t mention as much names and descendants like in the Genesis, this way you don’t get so confused and you learn much more than just reading names and names that you will never end up remembering. What you will truly remember later on in your life is the story as itself and the lessons or values it taught you. So far these are the chapters I have liked the most in the whole bible, I guess this is because it makes me remember of my childhood and I have a lot of “love” for that movie.

No hay comentarios: