viernes, 9 de noviembre de 2007

The Analects CH: 1-4

The analects is a very different book regarding what I have read so far in my academic transition. It is a book similar to the bible in the away that it is set up. For example it is divided with chapters and verses, just like the bible is. It deals a lot with moral values and stresses them a lot. It talks about how we should act when we are with our parents and in public. I also noticed that it emphasizes how we should treat old people. It says we should respect them and give them in a way privileges.

In respect of the book itself I think it might be a little confusing because you really don’t know who is talking and to whom. I like that at the beginning of each chapter it more or less tells what it is going to talk about. It has words like in another language in parenthesis and I don’t understand why. I think so far this book is very interesting because it doesn’t’ involve a story but a moral.

No hay comentarios: