miércoles, 14 de noviembre de 2007

The Analects CH: : 7, 8 & 11

In these three chapters of the analects I saw a lot of wise quotes, but there was one of them that really caught my attention: “If wealth were something worth pursuing, then I would pursue it, even if that meant serving as an officer holding a whip at the entrance to the marketplace. Since it is not worth pursuing, however, I prefer to follow that which I love.”

I think this quote is very knowledgeable and enlightened considering we are al very materialistic now a days. We are all constantly searching for fame and recognition. But the master is saying that that is not the important thing in life, what is important is following what you love and internal and spiritual things. He also mentions that if you are seeking for wealth you are probably6 going to obtain it but the truth is that it is not worth it. He says people can do anything and overpass all the limits to obtain wealth, but at the end it will not make you happy, what makes you happy is to follow your heart.

No hay comentarios: