martes, 13 de noviembre de 2007

The Analects CH: 4-7

When I finished reading the chapters assigned I personally always end like overwhelmed! There is a lot of wise things mentioned I not his book that you begin to wonder and think about “life”. It says a lot of things that I am sure will be kept in my mind for quite a long time.

One of the quotes I liked was: “While your parents are alive, you should not travel far, and when you do travel you must keep to a fixed itinerary”.
This is telling us more or less that life is never assureds or guaranteed and that we have to enjoy our parents while we have them by our side.

They also talk about what “Goodness” is and means. It mentions being good is not just a matter of fact of being nice, but it goes far off beyond that point. It means doing good to other people without expecting nothing in exchange. It means not only caring about your interests but also about the others interest. It analyzes what being good really is.

Lastly a quote that really impacted me was the following: “I have never met a person whose strength was insufficient for his task”.
I like this quote a lot because it basically states that God will never put you upon a challenge that you can’t handle. And if you have a good attitude and a positive face towards life you will be able to accomplish everything. Also it explains that not one single person cannot do a thing they propose. It reminds me of a thing my parents have always told me about math: “Math is 99% attitude and 1%aptitude”. But in this case I think it would be: “Life is 99% attitude and 1% aptitude!!!!!

No hay comentarios: