domingo, 13 de enero de 2008

Matthew 23-28

On chapter 26 after the last supper when Jesus knows Judas is going to betray him, he goes to the Garden of Gethsemane to pray. I found it very interesting the thoughts that go through Jesus at that moment. He starts praying to his father if it is possible to escape the suffering that is coming. This shows weakness from his part because considering he is the son of God you wouldn’t think he actually feels the pain, but instead he does, and he feels it just like a normal human being. When Jesus is being crucified he says the following phrase which left me amazed: “My Gog, my God why have you forsaken me?” (27:46): I relate this quote with my personal life because when something in my life goes wrong or not the way I wanted I think that God has forgotten about me, but that’s to true. Because regardless what happens to you, God is always there by your side and he will n ever abandon you. And even though things don’t always go the things you wanted, it all happens for a reason.

Matthew was a great part of the New Testament considering it describes Jesus’ life from beginning to end.

No hay comentarios: