martes, 15 de enero de 2008

Njal´s Saga 78-52

When I finish reading the chapters assigned for the day at the end of the book there are some notes about some of the chapters. And i really thought that the notes of chapter 91 are really interesting. I liked the following quotes:

"The effect of every action is two-sided". I like this quote because it is totally true from my point of view, when anyone tells you something it is not for your benefit but for theirs. People always consciously or unconsciously do things that benefit them. That's why the world is so ruined because we do everything revolving around us and do things that fit us best.

"We must put out such a wide net". This means that you should always have patience. because it is a metaphor that is related with fishing, which is a very slow thing to do. So he says that even though it will take long you know the outcome is going to be good.

"Pay him a red skin for his grey one". I can interpret this quote the following way: that even though someone did not such a good job you are going to reward him/ her well.

So far I have really like Njal's Saga and I like the quotes a lot.

1 comentario:

J. Tangen dijo...

Make sure when you quote you cite the page numbers. Also, you being to follow a format here. Nevertheless, these are interesting quotations.

3
3
2

There are mispellings throught this section of blogs.