lunes, 14 de enero de 2008

Njal´s Saga 60-77

At the beginning of today's reading there was something that I noticed that I thought was very
nice. Njal is talking and he says ".....my friend Helgi". I thought this was a very nice gesture
because like it is said Helgi is Njal´s actual son and instead of calling him
son he tells him friend, which is the exact kind of relationship a kid and his parent should have.

So i decided to do this blog about his beacuse my mother always tells me that more than mother/daughter we are friends. I think both Gunnar and my mom are right, because to trust someone you frist have to be frinds with that person. A relationship of a child and a parent cant be based on the order tha parent says, it is based on communication and trust. I like that they mention this and in the last pages it is clearly explained that the bond that Njal and Helgi have is very tight.

And when think about it my mom and I are very good friends and I think that considering each other our friend has helped built our relationship stronger and bigger. Also it makes me think that when i grow up I want to be just like this with my children. I want to listen to them, talk to them, and very importantly: trust them, and vice versa. I think it was very important that they included this in the Saga and that they explained it.

1 comentario:

J. Tangen dijo...

Please check the spelling here.